In practice, BI (Business Intelligence) in most cases refers to the automation of reporting. Data that accumulates in different transaction systems is used to analyze and evaluate a company’s situation from different perspectives.
The BI analysis is usually performed on the basis of Data Warehouses (DWH). The required analytic evaluations for reporting purposes must first be set up. This step involves simple aggregations of, for example, overall revenue figures for individual items or divisions in recent days, weeks, or months. It also extends to complicated statistical analysis using data mining for trend analysis of customer behavior. Analysis methods include, among other things, OLAP-Cubes (Online Analytical Processing), data mining, text mining, web mining and case based reasoning.
We offer our Business Intelligence experience in a range of industries e.g. manufacturing, trade, insurance, banking, telecommunications, etc.
- Strategy Definition: Integrative conception of blueprints for BI organization and architecture.
- BI Solution Implementation: Configuration of powerful planning, analysis and reporting solutions with cockpit and portal integration for sales, service, logistics, procurement, HR, and other business areas.
- BI Landscape Optimization: Optimization of existing BI environments via systematic data validation, parameter tuning and establishment of sustained BI support structures.
- Conversion of process information into business knowledge
- Measurement of business performance in real-time
- Consistent base data
- Improved planning and reporting quality for the entire organization
- Automatic consolidation of forecast and target data across regions, products / product groups, etc.
- Oracle BI Applications
- Oracle Data Integrator
- SAP Business Objects & Business Warehouse