Competence CentresThe capacities and resources freed up in this way are often applied to those IT projects that lead to improvements in productivity and performance, making a major contribution to the company's competitiveness.
At the same time, the old strict division between IT applications, systems and networks is fading. Overarching solutions are required, at a variety of levels of comprehensiveness and expense, depending on the complexity of the company and its processes.
For S&T as an IT consultant and service provider, these complex, industry-specific IT projects involve increased demand for higher degrees of specialisation and the need to continually build on expertise and detailed knowledge. To meet these requirements, respond quickly to individual client needs and develop the market proactively, S&T began, in 2006, to concentrate its expertise in competence centres.
It currently operates seven of these:
- Competence Center for IBM Tivoli in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Competence Center in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- EMC Velocity Signature Solution Center in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- HP OpenView Competence Center in Bucharest (Romania)
- Customer Concept Center in Bucharest (Romania)
- SAP Outsourcing Center in Zilina (Slovakia)
- Cisco Security Competence Center in Budaörs/Budapest (Hungary)
S&T competence centres are completely available to clients for advice, planning of IT projects and testing of concrete solutions and technologies outside the companies' own productive systems.